Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The End: Kyoto



Early summer comes when I drop in Kyoto again. Fresh green climbs up leaves, people dress up with short sleeves and still look hasty. Gently I look at those changed and unchanged, as gently as making a baby into sleep. No matter who's story it is, no matter how much I love a place or a person, do not get myself involved deeply, so that I could be leaving anytime.

It used to be a long while when a place and another kept trying to hit my remembrance again and again. New encounters recalled old memories, "Ah, this is like that place", "this is like that". But I cannot remember those names at all. I thought I forgot, meeting too many people and making too many things happen repeatedly open and close the memory box, and push memories forward to the corners. I thought I forgot, but those far away details, those smell, color, sound and temperature just come out from my words every time when I speak to a new person about what happened there and then. Finally I realize that I remember everything, everything except those names.

The life of traveling is very similar to the life of human, from the childhood when everything is new and interesting, to the teenage when doubt and dilemma come, to the adulthood with half joy and half sorrow, then to the last years when knowing how the world and life actually work. I'm not sure if or not the life of traveling would go to an end, or dead that's to say, though I'd never met people who would never travel again. Time makes passion disappear and people aged, perhaps there won't be anywhere particular to visit, but those questioning hearts of travel lovers would keep asking this world until they stop beating. 

I'd found many answers and had more questions as well. I think it's endless to look for answers and the truth. Being humans with very limited capability of understanding, we might just be able to search for the truth among those unknown and lies. As well as being greedy and emotional animals, we might just be able to get happiness between worries and depression. Traveling around the world is a dream, so are the implementation of ideal politics, the insistence of justice and morality, the expectation of career and family, and the training of body and mind. More or less we are living in our dreams, and more or less we are pushing this world to a better place.

What I had written here honestly recorded every stage of my journey, which is the only thing I could do for this trip. There were some mistakes for sure, and some thoughts that I'd not have anymore. That's why those notes are real and precious. I would not debate for those naive and biased statements that I used to have, and would correct those mistakes by adding remarks at the end of the post. I'll try to make this blog more friendly and move photos to another place for reviewing more easily. The message board would be kept, though it's better to contact me via E-mail if you want to have some traveling information. Also I would try to translate those posts into English for people I had met on the road. They had kept asking for a while.

Some unfinished posts might be completed while others won't. It's a bit pity, especially for the "Travelers" series. Meeting more and more weird, doughty, odd, wretched travelers makes writing about them less and less interesting to me. They always remind me how great this world would be to have them here.

I'll keep traveling once I got chances, maybe not for so long and not so struggling. Since I still like asking questions after such a long journey, I still have the motivation to move from one place to another. Except traveling, there are many things I want to do. I don't know if I could have done all of them before I die, but at least I want to give a bit try, like everything happened in this great journey.

I'm glad that I still keep my original intention and stay close to it until the last post on this blog. Having those pressure and paying those prices are just for seeing this world more a little bit. Now I could be seated in front of that me 4 years ago and, without a bit regret, tell him that I have not disappointed him. And then I would be happy to tell him many and many things happened on the road.

I hope I could live as real as those 4 years. I hope I could be still on the bright side, no matter how much darkness I'd seen. I hope every time at the end I could face that me at the beginning without any compunction, no matter what kinds of goal I'd made, and no matter how far I have gone. 

Dearest fried chicken breast, I'm back.

See you in Taiwan.



Chi.
2014/05/12 Kyoto, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author keeps copyright of all posts and photos without sources. It's not free to reprint and quote. Powered by Blogger.